To create a real estate development business that offers world-class property development skills while empowering Namibians to secure their right to safe and secure housing and infrastructure
- Results Oriented, on budget – Atenu is recognized for its quality construction, timely execution, ethical and transparent business practices, and continuous education and improvement of its staff and subcontractors.
- Accountability – At ATENU, we’ve taken our collective experience to create our own digital methodology to keep projects on track, accountable & under budget.
Atenu aims to tackle various matters to create a sustainable community. Our focus centers around:
- Education and training – teaching the community life skills for their future endeavours
- Economic development – supporting local suppliers and business owners
- Youth upliftment – Contract young individuals as our sub-contractors and employees to provide them tools and skills for future benefit
- Women Empowerment – Contract women to promote their role within the construction industry
- Disability Encouragement – Hire disabled individuals to work in accessible jobs to overtake 5% of Atenu’s workforce.
Atenu is partnered with the Pupkewitz Foundation, and has built and expanded classrooms and ablution blocks in a number of schools. Recently, Atenu completed a clinic complex in Otjomuru to provide access to health facilities to communities in the surrounding areas.
- Locations: Atenu works to pick the location in neighbourhoods that form a sense of community. These locations tend to be central with high potential for future growth.
- Customized Designs: We understand that a home means everything to our client. It serves as a place to create memories and experiences that remain forever. Our in-house architecture team works to find the best design for every client, maximizing the potential of the project.
- Team: Our team works to offer every client an enjoyable and professional service. We offer outstanding results thanks to our team and their collaborative, direct and passionate ways of conduct.
- Experience: Atenu has experience in and out of Namibia in different sectors. Our projects include but are not limited to housing, public facilities and institutions, infrastructure and green solutions. We welcome all feedback and put it to use so that our cumulative experience is projected in our results.
Meaning of Atenu
“When we were young kids growing up in Venezuela, my older brother Abraham used to call the red-sunset sky: Atenu, a word he made up – a magical, mystical sky that always gave him inspiration and guidance.
Twice he guessed the winning contestant of a dog race, claiming Atenu gave him the answers. Atenu represents magic, luck and success. When I first came to Namibia and bought our first piece of land to develop, serendipity greeted me at the end of a long day: there was Atenu, the mystical, red-sunset sky.
Here’s to bringing magic and success to all our developments”
David Akinin, Our Founder
David Akinin, Atenu’s founder, is Venezuelan and has moved to Namibia with the goal to develop affordable housing. David graduated the University of Chicago with a BA in Economics as well as a Masters degree from UCT in Inclusive Innovation. David has a passion for development and the creation of habitats; performing as a social entrepreneur driven by the fusion of finance and technology. Throughout his career, David excelled in his work for Credit Suisse, Google and numerous additional firms before arriving to Namibia.
“I started Atenu Developments to make housing affordable and accessible to all Namibians. We partner with land owners or service our own land, design and prepare stylish concepts, and we execute with all of our hearts to make the best possible product for homeowners.
Recently, we have grown to provide contracting services to developers, engineering firms and government»
- We have identified thousands of families interested in buying homes.
- We sit with each and every one of them, teach them about the financial system, how mortgages work, their rights and responsibilities.
- We empower home buyers, by accompanying them through the home acquisition process, and build relationships with all their relevant employers and financiers for smooth processing.
Managed Sales Process
- STAGE ONE – REGISTRATIONS
Atenu registers all customers, gets their documentation and pre-approval from banks, and launches the sale process
- STAGE TWO – MAXIMIZING SALES
Atenu provides clients with Deeds of Sale, Specifications and processes it with the banks – through the AP Calculator, Atenu identifies the maximum spending power of the potential homebuyer, and adds ‘extras’ to the houses in order to make the most efficient sale.
- STAGE THREE – APPROVALS AND PROCESSINGS
Atenu provides clients with Deeds of Sale, Specifications and processes their applications fully
- STAGE FOUR – TRANSFER AND PROGRESS PAYMENTS
Atenu ACTIVELY manages the land transfer & bond registration documentation, as well as payments